Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with boceprevir include the following:
- Boceprevir comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth three times a day, seven to nine hours apart.
- Boceprevir should only be used in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin.
- Take this medicine with a meal or a snack.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same times each day to keep an even level of it in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking boceprevir unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus becoming resistant to the medication, making it less effective.
There is only one standard recommended dosage of boceprevir. However, the length of treatment will depend on a variety of factors, including:
- Whether you have liver cirrhosis
- Whether you have been treated previously for hepatitis C
- How you respond to treatment.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Boceprevir Dosage for more information.)