Boceprevir Side Effects
Although most people are able to use the medication without any problems, side effects are possible with boceprevir. In clinical studies, commonly reported reactions included nausea, hair loss, and fatigue. Serious side effects, though not as common, can also occur. If you develop shortness of breath, an unexplained rash, or other potentially dangerous symptoms, contact your healthcare provider right away.
As with any medicine, boceprevir (VICTRELIS™) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with boceprevir. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Side Effects of BoceprevirSome boceprevir side effects should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Anemia or other blood cell problems, which may cause:
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- High fever, aches, and pains, which may be signs of an infection.