Considerations for people taking Epivir include the following:
- Epivir comes in tablet and oral solution (liquid) form. These medications are usually taken by mouth once or twice daily.
- It does not matter if you take Epivir with food or on an empty stomach. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Try to take Epivir at the same time(s) every day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions about taking Epivir. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing resistance to Epivir (making it less effective).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Epivir dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.