It is not known exactly what to expect from an overdose. If you happen to overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
(Click Epivir Overdose for more information.)
Epivir tablets should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep the tablets and oral solution in an airtight container.
Keep Epivir and all other medications out of the reach of children.
It is very important that you do not miss Epivir doses. If you do not take your Epivir as scheduled, take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Be sure to tell your healthcare provider if you are having trouble remembering to take your HIV medications.
Epivir comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Epivir-HBV 100 mg tablets (for treating hepatitis B)
- Epivir 150 mg tablets (for treating HIV and AIDS)
- Epivir 300 mg tablets (for treating HIV and AIDS)
- Epivir-HBV oral solution (for treating hepatitis B) -- 5 mg of Epivir per mL
- Epivir oral solution (for treating HIV and AIDS) -- 10 mg of Epivir per mL.
Some strengths and forms of this medication are available in generic form (see Generic Epivir).