Hepatitis Home > Epivir
- Epivir comes in tablet and oral solution (liquid) form. These medications are usually taken by mouth once or twice daily.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Try to take it at the same time(s) every day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions about taking this medication. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing resistance to Epivir (making it less effective).
- Whether you have HIV or hepatitis B
- Your age
- Whether you develop bothersome or dangerous side effects of Epivir
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.