Hepatitis Home > Recombivax HB Dosage
General Information on Your Dose of Recombivax HBSome considerations to keep in mind when receiving Recombivax HB include the following:
- This vaccine is typically given as two or three injections, depending on the age of the individual.
- For infants, Recombivax HB is injected into a muscle (intramuscularly), usually in the thigh. In adults and older children, the upper arm can be used.
- If absolutely necessary, this vaccine can be injected subcutaneously (just under the skin), instead of intramuscularly. However, this method might reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine and may increase the risk of certain side effects, such as lumps at the injection site.
- People can be vaccinated if they have a minor illness, such as the common cold. However, the vaccine should be postponed if the individual is moderately or severely ill.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Recombivax HB dosing in general, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.