Sofosbuvir Side Effects
Some of the possible side effects of sofosbuvir include nausea, fatigue, and headaches. Studies have shown that most people who use this drug tolerate it well. However, sofosbuvir can also cause serious problems, such as unusual bleeding, breathing problems, and a high fever. If you develop serious side effects such as these, let your healthcare provider know immediately.
As with any medicine, sofosbuvir (Sovaldi™) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with this drug. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Some sofosbuvir side effects should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These potential reactions include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction to sofosbuvir, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Anemia or other blood cell problems, which may cause:
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- High fever, aches, and pains, which may be signs of an infection.