Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medicine if you have:
- Blood cell problems, such as anemia
- A weakened immune system, due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other cause
- Liver disease (other than hepatitis C), such as hepatitis B, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- A history of gout or high blood uric acid levels
- Ever had an organ transplant
- An upcoming surgery
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant, thinking of becoming pregnant, or have a female partner who is pregnant (see INCIVEK and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see INCIVEK and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Telaprevir to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for TelaprevirThere is only one standard recommended dose of telaprevir. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Telaprevir Dosage for more information.)