Telaprevir Side Effects
Some of the potential side effects of telaprevir include fatigue, nausea, and diarrhea. In most cases, reactions to this medicine tend to be minor and easily treated. However, there are also some problems that are potentially serious and should be reported to a healthcare provider immediately, including difficulty breathing, unusual bruising or bleeding, and mouth sores.
An Introduction to Side Effects of TelaprevirJust like any medicine, telaprevir (INCIVEK®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with telaprevir. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Telaprevir Side EffectsSome side effects of telaprevir are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction to telaprevir, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Anemia or other blood cell problems, which may cause symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- High fever, aches, and pains, which may be signs of an infection
- A rash accompanied by fever or other symptoms
- Mouth sores or ulcers
- Red, swollen, or irritated eyes
- Intense joint pain, swelling, and tenderness.